The Secrets of the LORD Belong to the Righteous
very time the Word of God gives up a Secret to a child of God, it is a transaction that is purposed by God to last "for ever". And the great reason God wants to give away His Secrets to His children is so that they "may do all the Words of this Law" (Deuteronomy 29:29). If God's "little children" (1John 3:7) were like the "more noble" people of the Book of Acts, they would have "received the Word with all readiness of mind, and searched the Scriptures daily" (Acts 17:11), "lay[ing] up for [themselves] Treasures in Heaven" (Matthew 6:20). In so doing, the foundation for Holy Living which "no man [can] lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ" (1Corinthians 3:11), would be established for them and for their "children for ever" (Deuteronomy 29:29), because they "search[ed] the Scriptures; for in them ye think ye have Eternal Life: and they are they which testify of [Jesus Christ]" (John 5:39). These are the Secrets of how to build a line of descendants that will be a Glory to the LORD for Eternity. "Lo, children are an Heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is His Reward" (Psalm 127:3). These Secrets belong to us, the Righteous, and to our "children for ever."
he Secret Nuggets of Wealth found in the Word state that, "Godliness with contentment is great gain" (1Timothy 6:6) and "the fruit of the Righteous is a Tree of Life" (Proverbs 11:30). Therefore, if your Family Tree is a "Tree of Life" then there will be a lineage of "great gain", for "he that winneth souls is wise" (11:30). "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth Righteousness is Righteous, even as He is Righteous" (1John 3:7). A "wise" parent, armed with God's Promise, will "train up a child in The Way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it" (Proverbs 22:6). A "wise" parent will have "expounded unto [their children] in all the Scriptures the things concerning [Jesus Christ]" (Luke 24:27). [Please read "Suffer the Little Children to Come Unto Me" ---New Window for Counsel on how to do this.]
The Secrets of keeping a family Holy, of succeeding when others fail, of living without fear, of being truly happy, of finding true love, of living without want-- the Secrets of Living life itself-- are ALL found in the Living, Breathing, Word of God "which are revealed" unto us and "belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the Words of this Law". The LORD will work these Secrets in us! It is His job-- if we trust Him for it. "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His Good Pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).
God works in us the Secrets which we love to work for Him. "14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of Whom thou hast learned them; 15 and that from a child thou hast known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto Salvation through Faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is given by Inspiration of God, and is profitable for Doctrine, for Reproof, for Correction, for Instruction in Righteousness: 17 that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" (2Timothy 3:14-17).
Revealed Secrets are Based Upon Obedience
embership into the "Discovering God's Secrets Club," requires right-doing in all areas of life. "The Secret of the LORD is with them that fear Him; and He will show them His Covenant" (Psalm 25:14). Those who will not give God His due, cannot join. Those who will not keep "His Covenant", cannot remain members. "His Secret is with the Righteous" (Proverbs 3:32), and a Righteous person is described in The Handbook, as follows: "He that doeth Righteousness is Righteous" (1John 3:7). Not a past tense remembering of one's first oath-taking, but a present tense, active, living-proof and loving obedience of "doeth" will keep our membership alive. "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so Faith without works is dead also" (James 2:26). [See our editorial, "Is It Possible to Guarantee Our Obedience?" ---New Window. It is possible. "25 When His disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:25-26).]
"20 The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath He recompensed me. 21 For I have kept The Ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God. 22 For all His Judgments were before me, and I did not put away His Statutes from me. 23 I was also upright before Him, and I kept myself from mine iniquity. 24 Therefore hath the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in His eyesight. 25 With the merciful Thou wilt show Thyself Merciful; with an upright man Thou wilt show Thyself Upright; 26 with the pure Thou wilt show Thyself Pure; and with the froward Thou wilt show Thyself Froward [literally, Shrewd]. 27 For Thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks" (Psalm 18:20-27).
Secrets that the Righteous Know About Wickedness (Ask yourself, "How many people live as though they know these things?") "43 Why do ye not understand My Speech? even because ye cannot hear My Word. 44 Ye are of your father the Devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from The Beginning, and abode not in the Truth, because there is no Truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it" (John 8:43-44).
- (Proverbs 6:6) "6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: 7 which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, 8 provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest."
- (Proverbs 6:9-11) "9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep? 10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: 11 so shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man."
- (Proverbs 6:12-15) "12 A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth. 13 He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers; 14 frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord. 15 Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy."
- (Proverbs 6:16-19) "16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto Him: 17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 an heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 19 a false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."
- (Proverbs 8:13) "The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate."
- (Proverbs 11:20) "They that are of a froward heart are abomination to the LORD: but such as are upright in their way are His Delight."
- (Proverbs 17:15) "He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD."
Secrets that the Righteous Know About Righteousness (Ask yourself, "How many people really live as though they know these things?") "47 He that is of God heareth God's Words... 51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep My Saying, he shall never see death... 58 Before Abraham was, I Am" (John 8:47,51,58).
- (Romans 4:3) "For what saith the Scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for Righteousness."
- (Genesis 15:6) "He believed in the LORD; and He counted it to him for Righteousness."
- (James 2:23) "And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for Righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God."
- (Galatians 3:6) "Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for Righteousness."
- (Job 36:3) "I will fetch my Knowledge from afar, and will ascribe Righteousness to my Maker."
- (Psalm 7:17) "I will praise the LORD according to His Righteousness: and will sing praise to the Name of the LORD Most High."
- (Psalm 11:7) "For the Righteous LORD loveth Righteousness; His countenance doth behold the upright."
- (Psalm 25:9) "The meek will He guide in Judgment: and the meek will He teach His Way."
- (Deuteronomy 6:25) "And it shall be our Righteousness, if we observe to do all these Commandments before the LORD our God, as He hath commanded us."
- (Romans 10:3) "For they being ignorant of God's Righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the Righteousness of God."
- (Daniel 12:10) "Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand."
- (2Samuel 22:21) "The LORD rewarded me according to my Righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath He recompensed me."
- (John 3:21) "But he that doeth Truth cometh to the Light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."
- (John 7:17) "If any man will DO His Will, he shall know of the Doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself."
- (Leviticus 19:15) "Ye shall do no unrighteousness in Judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in Righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour."
- (Psalm 15:1-2) "1 LORD, who shall abide in Thy Tabernacle? who shall dwell in Thy Holy Hill? Ps. 2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh Righteousness, and speaketh the Truth in his heart."
- (Psalm 17:15) "As for me, I will behold Thy Face in Righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy Likeness."
The Righteous are His Hidden Ones
n times of trouble, when you wish for a place to hide, somewhere that is safe, somewhere secret-- there is a place-- but the somewhere is IN Someone. "Thou shalt hide them in the Secret of Thy Presence from the pride of man: Thou shalt keep them Secretly in a Pavilion from the strife of tongues" (Psalm 31:20). The LORD is that Someone, and wherever He is, whether in His Pavilion or His Tabernacle, He is that Rock, that Firm Foundation, upon, and in which Safety is found. "For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His Pavilion: in the Secret of His Tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a Rock" (Psalm 27:5). The place to be is where the LORD is. "The beloved of the LORD shall dwell in safety by Him; and the LORD shall cover him all the day long, and he shall dwell between His shoulders" (Deuteronomy 33:12). The place in which you "dwell" is the place in which you live. "He that dwelleth in the Secret Place of the Most High shall abide under the Shadow of the Almighty" (Psalm 91:1). There is no better living space! [See our article, "Thy Hidden Ones" ---New Window, or, Hidden for Those Who Can Receive It. Also, read "A Place Called Safe" ---New Window. ]
Why Keep Secrets?
he LORD does have Secrets, but why would He keep anything a Secret if He wants His people to know Him? "Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD" (Hosea 6:3). God's Secrets are unlocked by our obedience, "that we may do all the Words of [His] Law" (Deuteronomy 29:29). He means for us to "seek [Him], and ye shall find [Him]" (Matthew 7:7). He means for us to seek out and find out "the Unsearchable Riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8) that some of those once "Unsearchable Riches" may be found and do us Good. "It is the Glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter" (Proverbs 25:2). And, why is it His "Glory" to "conceal" things from man? Only an Omniscient Being would know when it is the perfect time to reveal exact information to all of the human beings that have ever walked this Earth, each doing them the utmost Good that they would allow Him, at any particular moment. "O the depth of the Riches both of the Wisdom and Knowledge of God! how unsearchable are His Judgments, and His Ways past finding out!" (Romans 11:33). Man will never be able to search out the full measure of God-- because He is Infinite-- but it is our Joy to try! "6 The Words of the LORD are Pure Words: as silver tried in a furnace of Earth, purified seven times. 7 The Law of the LORD is Perfect, converting the soul: the Testimony of the LORD is Sure, making wise the simple. 8 The Statutes of the LORD are Right, rejoicing the heart: the Commandment of the LORD is Pure, enlightening the eyes. 9 The Fear of the LORD is Clean, enduring for ever: the Judgments of the LORD are True and Righteous altogether. 10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb" (Psalm 12:6-10).
But we limit God when we use our freewill to oppose His Perfect Will for us. "Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel" (Psalm 78:41). Unless prideful man admits his obvious and elementary need of God, he will not search for Him. "Despisest thou the Riches of His Goodness and Forbearance and Longsuffering; not knowing that the Goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?" (Romans 2:4). And "be not deceived [dear reader]; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap" (Galatians 6:7). But, oh, what Divine Communion is yours when you give yourself to Him! The Most High One says to you and I, "I love them that love Me; and those that seek Me early shall find Me" (Proverbs 8:17). If only you would, you would never be sorry for it! You would, in fact, be quite the opposite, for you would have "Joy unspeakable and full of Glory" (1Peter 1:8)!
"And the Spirit of the LORD
shall rest upon him,
the Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding,
the Spirit of Counsel and Might, the Spirit of Knowledge
and of the [Lovingly Reverential] Fear of the LORD"
nderstand, that even the LORD, Himself, is a Secret, "in Whom are hid all the treasures of Wisdom and Knowledge" (Colossians 2:3). He cannot be bought, borrowed, or bargained for. You must come, and you must do the coming on His Terms. "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool" (Isaiah 1:18). You are the worm and He is God. And there is nothing you can keep secret from Him. "Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with Whom we have to do" (Hebrews 4:13). Repentance is the first flood that overtakes an abased sinner, but a realization of Love, for "God is Love" (1John 4:8), is the Tidal Power that causes us to bend our knees to Him! "In this was manifested the Love of God toward us, because that God sent His Only Begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him" (1John 4:9). (Please notice the present tense activity in the following verses. Faith is active and in the moment.)
When we "live through Him" (1John 4:9), then He "encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them" (Psalm 34:7). The LORD "shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways" (91:11). His Communion is sweet and "He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the Earth" (72:6).
When God speaks, man should listen, for "God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do it? or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19). Count on Him. Trust Him. "19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the Earth: I said NOT unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye Me in vain: I the LORD speak Righteousness, I declare things that are Right... 23 I have sworn by Myself, the Word is gone out of My mouth in Righteousness, and shall not return, that unto Me every knee shall bow" (Isaiah 45:19, 23). For unless the LORD is sought with a "whole heart", He will NOT be found. His Example to us is to "give not that which is Holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your Pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet" (Matthew 7:6). Even so, God will not be mocked. "28 Then shall they call upon Me, but I will NOT answer; they shall seek Me early, but they shall NOT find Me: 29 for that they hated Knowledge, and did not choose the Fear of the LORD: 30 They would none of My Counsel: they despised all My Reproof. 31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices" (Proverbs 1:28-31). But when you DO seek God with your "whole heart", then, He says, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13). His Goodness and Truth will open to you. "And I will give them an heart to know Me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be My people, and I will be their God" (24:7). Mankind "should seek the LORD, if haply they might feel after Him, and find Him, though He be not far from every one of us" (Acts 17:27). And when you find Him, and love Him with obedience, the Secrets you shall find are that
1. you shall never again be alone. "Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world" (Matthew 28:20).
2. You shall never again be in want. "For the LORD God is a Sun and Shield: the LORD will give Grace and Glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly" (Psalm 84:11).
3. You shall never again be afraid. "3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee... 11 In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me ... 18 There is no fear in Love; but Perfect Love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in Love" (Psalm 56:3,11; 1John 4:18).
You shall be "be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper" (Psalm 1:3). "7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. 8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit" (Jeremiah 17:7-8). And your Loving Obedience will be His Delight, and He will reveal Himself, with His Precious Secrets, to you. "He that hath My Commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will Love Him, and will manifest Myself to him" (John 14:21).
Section Index for The Bible
Readers are permitted and encouraged to copy and freely share this article with others.
Homepage Holy Bible .Jehovah Jesus Timeline .Prophecy Philadelphia Fellowship Promises Stories Poetry Links
Purpose ||.What's New || Tribulation Topics || Download Page || Today's Entry
Topical Links: Salvation || Catholicism || Sound Doctrine || Prayer